Friday 4 January 2008

GERMAN WINTER 2008

So it is time to say what Germany has to bring for USC in 2008. It pleases me that all song are from 2007, that is N E W. But the preselection jury really must be Italians since there is always these overflow of ballads. So after listening carefully I must say that the germans once again has found some great songs but that there is things in their nf that belong elsewhere.



1 Cascada - What Hurts The Most (Candelight Mix)
Lovely voice as always that put me to sleep. And there was an up-beat version? wasn't there? well, since the germans won USC with the candlelight version in the summer of 2006 after so many years waiting for victory after the 1990 scorpions triumph I must say that they will not pull this number of again. It is too weak for a top 5 even.



2 No Angels - Amaze me
Now this one is better. With the 2nd place in Autumn 2006 a ballad must be the choice for German but I doubt this one could make it. Great tune but keep me sleeping. Tell me when I should wake up.


3
Dashboard Confessional feat. Juli - Stolen
A very modern song if it had been USC 1985. Is it the grand daughter of U2 from Ireland or it is simply what they have in Germany these days. "You have stolen my heart" is a line that we heard to many times already. Next please.
(NO STAR)


4
System in Blue - Voodoo Queen
Should I be scared of teh Voodo. Is this Systems in blue without Modern Talking or with them? This haunted voice of djungle disco and german disco beat of synthezisers makes me happy. Not anything to go well with critics of other Magazines. But it is up-tempo and I bet the show on stage will be something that will make the audience take up the phone to vote. Bravo Germany. Not even the ballad lovers are now asleep anymore. Pure light delight. Will this do good in USC? Maybe not but I loove it. 12p to Germany and Liza.


5
Mark Medlock & Dieter Bohlen - Unbelievable
What has happened here? The candlelight virus? Well, its a nice melody and a good singer but it is not christmas contest this one. It is the hit music of Europe to clash. zzzzz but a 3rd star for the feeling the singer bring but is it unbelievable or incredeable? No.


6
Kristina Bach - Frohes neues Jahr, Ihr Lieben
So christmas could not keep out of winter grand pris after all. hehe. But I like. And I like a lot. Another light song but this time with a huge schlager voice. An I love these songs in native german. Go Kristina. Ich liebe dich. Ich mag fruhstuck mit dir. ja, danke. 12p to Germany!!! Trala, la, la. lala...


7
Nevio - Giulia
Is this Italian import? Ws there not supposed to be enheritage rules now? Aha ok, I know, Father Italian, Mother German and born in German. Singing in Italian they sure to get 12p from Italian and maltese jury *(if there was one). But seriously this song take my breath away a bit. As a Italian music fan and with my all time favourite USC song being sung in Italian/French ("Vivo per lei" 1997) I am more than pleased to see this compete in USC. Oh it has not won yet?. OK. I can wait. But in USC this is a top 3 song that has "soty 2008" as a sure thing. Maximum points for this one.



8
Lisa Bund - Learn To Love You
Yes, you will learn to love but only if you do not fall asleep first. Great voice indeed. But please, this is the ballad marathon again.


9
Jojos feat Anna Maria Zimmermann - Der erste kuss
Next please. This is the last place in this final. Who recommended this to german delegation? He can not be German. He can not be an USC player. Well if so the he must be doing bad in USC, very bad indeed.
(NO STAR)


10 Sasha - Hide and seek
Yes, do so. Get lost. Hide and seek and hopefully no one will find you.


So again German final hold a high standard with some great songs. It will be easy to make my phone calls if I am in germany for this one. 5 calls for Giulia and 5 calls for the Voodo Queen. I'd love to see German do some Voodo in USC but I guess they go with the sure thing. The Italian heart breaker Nevio and then again a top result for Germany and with enough ballad lovers and Italians listeners we could be meeting in Frankfurt or Berlin to Spring.

Until next time - Enjoy the music

No comments: